This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0389 / 52°2'20"N
Longitude: -4.4686 / 4°28'6"W
OS Eastings: 230780
OS Northings: 240711
OS Grid: SN307407
Mapcode National: GBR D7.FQ8D
Mapcode Global: VH3KM.H0HS
Entry Name: Holy Trinity Church Hall (Former Church School)
Listing Date: 5 August 1991
Last Amended: 5 August 1991
Source ID: 9702
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated opposite Holy Trinity Church and behind Bethel Chapel.
Communities: Newcastle Emlyn (Castellnewydd Emlyn)
Community: Newcastle Emlyn
Built-Up Area: Newcastle Emlyn
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1848, extended 1856 to designs by Charles Davies of Cenarth.
Church school, originally a balanced cruciform composition with single storey schoolrooms each side of a 2-storey gabled teacher's house; but W wing extended in similar style in 1856 and circa 1900 the porch on W side of house replaced by projecting gabled structure.
Coursed blue lias stone with imitation slate roofs and brick rebuilt centre ridge stack to house (originally there were paired stone stacks). Windows were all small paned 3-light timber-mullion windows with cut stone voissoirs and moulded slate hoodmoulds, 2 to each wing, one to upper floor of house gable and one with transom and top-lights to house ground floor; but house windows have been replaced. House has one of original pair of hipped lean-to Tudor-arched porches surviving on E side, but W side has low gabled parallel range partly blocking first of schoolroom windows, and with similar Tudor-arched W side doorway. N end casement pair. West schoolroom wing has been extended by 2 further windows in matching style, 1856, and with bigger 4-light timber W end windows.
Rear of house is rendered and altered, but original schoolrooms have unaltered rear windows. Rear of 1856 addition has C20 brick parallel rear range.
Other nearby listed buildings