This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0435 / 52°2'36"N
Longitude: -4.4312 / 4°25'52"W
OS Eastings: 233362
OS Northings: 241139
OS Grid: SN333411
Mapcode National: GBR D9.FFHH
Mapcode Global: VH3KG.4WRS
Entry Name: St Tyfriog's School
Listing Date: 24 March 1992
Last Amended: 4 June 1996
Source ID: 10740
Building Class: Education
Location: Reached at end of short drive off A475 (S side), E of Llandyfriog. Located on bank of River Teifi. Church of St Tyfriog immediately to W.
Community: Llandyfriog (Llandyfrïog)
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Built 1883 (dated 1884 within). Architects: Middleton and Prothero of Cheltenham.
Rubble built with Bathstone dressings and stepped buttresses to corners. Steeply pitched slate roof with overhanging eaves. Tapering square weatherboarded turret to W gable with pyramidal boarded roof and weathervane; small stone chimney stack towards E gable. Three 3-light mullion windows to S with gabled porch to right having narrow side windows and pointed doorway with blank quatrefoil above: boarded door with decorative strapwork hinges. Three-light transomed window to W end with some upper stained glass panes and relieving arch: blind quatrefoil above and gable boarded at apex. Two narrow windows to E end: rectangular plaque above with two carved heraldic shields. Blank N wall.
attractively designed late C19 Church School..
Other nearby listed buildings