This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0446 / 52°2'40"N
Longitude: -3.8188 / 3°49'7"W
OS Eastings: 275361
OS Northings: 240023
OS Grid: SN753400
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.F9DY
Mapcode Global: VH4H7.RWJ0
Entry Name: Yr Ysgoldy Fach
Listing Date: 12 October 1992
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 11175
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated just E of Cilycwm church, with access from churchyard, facing E over river.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1833 school-room, apparently not connected with the Free School mentioned by churchwardens in 1739. That was founded by the will of Rowland Price of Dugoedydd, (d1719) and was probably by the bridge in Ship Street. This school was apparently built as a church Sunday school by Thomas Beynon, mason, and David Williams, carpenter. A vestry room was made in it for £16 in 1847.
Whitewashed rubble stone with slate hipped roof, and boarded eaves. Two-storey, three-window range, built into slope such that entry to upper floor is from churchyard to W. E front C20 small-paned casements with cambered stone-voussoir heads and centre ledged door. Blank sides. Rear has door to left, into upper floor.
Ground floor has three oak beams.
Group value with the church and of special historical interest
Other nearby listed buildings