This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0308 / 52°1'51"N
Longitude: -4.546 / 4°32'45"W
OS Eastings: 225440
OS Northings: 239996
OS Grid: SN254399
Mapcode National: GBR D4.G917
Mapcode Global: VH2N4.5720
Entry Name: Capel Brynseion
Listing Date: 2 March 1994
Last Amended: 2 March 1994
Source ID: 14221
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated some 400m E of Pont Treseli, up minor road.
Built-Up Area: Abercych
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
This religious cause began at Cilfod Farm about 1804 as a Sunday School, preaching began there in 1810.
1831 Independent Chapel, altered 1870. Rubble stone with slate eaves roof and crested ridge tiles. Bracketed eaves. Lateral facade of two large centre sashes with arched heads and plaque between 'Brynsion Adeladwyd 1831 Atgyweirwyd 1870', two broad camber headed doorways and two 6-pane outer gallery lights with cambered heads. Slate sills and cut stone voussoirs. Doors are 6-panel with matching 3-panel fixed side pieces. S end lean-to. N end 6-pane and 12-pane windows. One rear centre 12-pane window and two outer 6-pane gallery lights.
Three-sided gallery on four marbled columns, panelled timber gallery front. Raking box pews. Later C19 balustraded pulpit with curved front and steps up each side.
Other nearby listed buildings