This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9828 / 51°58'58"N
Longitude: -4.4875 / 4°29'15"W
OS Eastings: 229267
OS Northings: 234515
OS Grid: SN292345
Mapcode National: GBR D6.KCJR
Mapcode Global: VH3KT.5FGB
Entry Name: Dreifa Mills including two Water-Wheels
Listing Date: 2 March 1994
Last Amended: 2 March 1994
Source ID: 14245
Building Class: Industrial
Location: Situated down track of some 400m running S from Maesyfelin, Cwmorgan.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1896 woollen mill in rubble stone with red brick dressings and slate roof. Three storeys, four-window range of 9-pane camber-headed windows with tilting top-lights. Red brick surrounds and slate sills. Red brick quoins. Small windows in end gables. N front has broad doors in third bay of ground floor and first bay of first floor. W end wall has one-window range of similar windows. S side has door in third bay of ground floor. E end has restored massive overshot iron wheel raised up on two stone carrying walls and fed by renewed metal leat on tall wooden posts. Wheel was made at Bridgend Foundry, Cardigan. A very large iron fly-wheel survives inside. Just E of wheel-pit is an outside boiling-vat, cast-iron in stone setting with small fireplace beneath. A second raised wheel is to S of first, also in raised stone wheel-pit, but is unrestored.
An exceptionally fine woollen mill, worked by Evan Morgan, flannel manufacturer, in 1926 (Kellys Directory), and last used as for sock manufacture.