This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0383 / 52°2'18"N
Longitude: -4.5801 / 4°34'48"W
OS Eastings: 223134
OS Northings: 240913
OS Grid: SN231409
Mapcode National: GBR D3.FLMK
Mapcode Global: VH2N3.K1K7
Entry Name: Pentre Farmhouse and Cottage
Listing Date: 24 November 1994
Last Amended: 24 November 1994
Source ID: 15140
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated immediately W of Pentre mansion.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Estate farmhouse of Pentre, owned by the Saunders family from earlier C18 then by marriage to David Davies in early C19, then Saunders-Davies. The mansion was rebuilt in 1820s, enlarged 1867 and later the main range demolished in 1980s. The farm is marked on 1843 Tithe Map, but cottage may not have been built then.
Earlier C19 farmhouse and cottage (one building), rubble stone with hipped roofs and brick ridge stacks. Two storeys. Farmhouse faces S with imitation slate roof and rebuilt stacks. Formal six-bay front of 9-pane sashes above and arched recesses below with 12-pane sashes inset. Stone voussoirs. Second window on each floor if blank, that to ground floor shorter than other ground floor windows. NE hipped rear wing with four-bay E front, two blank windows, one 6-pane sash and one altered above, blank, door and two blank below. N end wall has blank upper window and broad ground floor window. W side of wing has window above and door with window below, stone voussoirs, and rear of main range has scattered fenestration and two doors. At W end lean-to up against rear of cottage with big 16-pane plastic S window. Cottage faces W with off-centre three-window front 9-pane and 9-pane over casement pair and door to left, and, to right, 12-pane (4-pane width) over casement pair in blocked coach-entry. cut-stone voussoirs, except coach-entry which has timber-lintel painted to match. Cut stone jambs, those to door suggesting that it was originally a window. S end wall has arch with cut-stone voussoirs and casement pair with stone voussoirs inset.
Group value with farmyard buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings