This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0381 / 52°2'17"N
Longitude: -4.5807 / 4°34'50"W
OS Eastings: 223090
OS Northings: 240883
OS Grid: SN230408
Mapcode National: GBR D3.FLG5
Mapcode Global: VH2N3.K17G
Entry Name: Range of Farm Buildings on S Side of yard at Pentre
Listing Date: 24 November 1994
Last Amended: 24 November 1994
Source ID: 15143
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Situated along S side of farm court at Pentre Farm, W of mansion.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Mid C19 range of farm buildings, apparently not marked on 1843 Tithe Map, though a range is marked on 1842-3 one inch O.S map. Apparently originally designed as open cart-sheds, the range was altered to stables in later C19. Pentre was owned by the Saunders-Davies family.
Mid and late C19 range of buildings, originally probably cart-sheds, altered to stables. Single-storey, rubble stone with slate roof and three cross-gabled ridge vents. Window and door to left, then two cart-entries with cambered heads and stone pier between. Cut stone removed, though piers remain, three stable doors and one blank bay, then further stable door to right. W end has remains of an additional with one later work at Pentre Farm. Rear is outshut with five stable doors opening onto formerly enclosed yard with remains of arched entry at E end. Rear SW angle is chamfered, E end has windows, blocked door and window, and circular opening in gable.
Part of unusually and complete group of C19 farm buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings