This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9419 / 51°56'30"N
Longitude: -3.962 / 3°57'43"W
OS Eastings: 265231
OS Northings: 228857
OS Grid: SN652288
Mapcode National: GBR DX.MXK3
Mapcode Global: VH4HR.8GS7
Entry Name: Garlands
Listing Date: 13 February 1995
Last Amended: 13 February 1995
Source ID: 15191
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on W side of B 4302 some 600m N of Taliaris church.
Community: Manordeilo and Salem (Manordeilo a Salem)
Community: Manordeilo and Salem
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1829 former rectory for Taliaris, built for Lord Robert Seymour of Taliaris. Marked on O.S. as The Gardens.
Roughcast, whitewashed, with hipped pyramid roof, deep eaves, paired brackets and roughcast end wall stacks. Square plan, two-storey, three-window range, raised band. E front has oddly five windows, three nine-pane sashes above, two 12-pane sashes each side below. N end wall is windowless but has Roman Doric timber porch with two columns and pilaster responds, 6-panel door and fanlight. Panelled reveals. Rear W side has 9-pane sash each side of 12-pane to first floor, ground floor 12-pane sash each side of former door with blank arch over. Fixed 12-pane glazing.
Stick baluster stair with ramped rail and moulded tread ends.
A good example of a late Georgian rectory, the odd five-window E front occurs also on Whitchurch Rectory, Pembs of c1840.
Other nearby listed buildings