This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1349 / 53°8'5"N
Longitude: -3.1449 / 3°8'41"W
OS Eastings: 323499
OS Northings: 360359
OS Grid: SJ234603
Mapcode National: GBR 6Z.6JK5
Mapcode Global: WH77C.NGML
Entry Name: Plas yn Llan
Listing Date: 12 December 1994
Last Amended: 12 December 1994
Source ID: 15224
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Prominently sited on the cross-roads, opposite the White Lion PH. Set back behind a small garden enclosed by dwarf walls with plain decorative iron railings.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Originally probably late C17 and remodelled early C19, the house was gutted by fire in 1871 and subsequently rebuilt by a Mr.Edward Blythell, as recorded on an inscription plaque in the hall.
2-storey rendered stone house under a medium-pitched slate roof. 5-bay near-symmetrical front with central round-arched entrance. Painted stucco surround with slightly projecting key. Stopped-chamfered doorcase, slightly recessed, with simple Y-tracery fan and plain 4-panelled door. Flanking near- flush sash windows of 16 panes to ground and 12 panes to first floors, the former with gently cambered heads and all with projecting stone cills. Plain end-chimneys of stock brick and a similar central one. Simple decorative chimney-pots. To the R a projecting end stack, now reduced and roofed as before. To the rear a gabled cross-wing at R, contemporary with the 1871
rebuilding. Rendered stack and modern windows.
Stepped-down from this a further, single-storey extension, roofed as before with outshuts to R and rear. Modern garage doors with modern door to L. A further modern cross-wing abuts this to the L.
Wide inglenook with chamfered bressummer and C19 bread-oven to ground floor room at R.
Included for its prominent location at the village cross-roads and for its group value with St. Mary's church.
Other nearby listed buildings