This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0824 / 52°4'56"N
Longitude: -3.1508 / 3°9'2"W
OS Eastings: 321240
OS Northings: 243297
OS Grid: SO212432
Mapcode National: GBR F0.BT8T
Mapcode Global: VH6BB.BXPH
Entry Name: Attached Gateway North of Clyro Court Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 February 1952
Last Amended: 31 January 1995
Source ID: 15317
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set at a slight angle alongside the service road to Clyro Court Farm from the village of Clyro.
Community: Clyro (Cleirwy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
This range is believed to be a surviving portion of a medieval monastic grange, formerly belonging to The Cistercian Abbey of Cwmhir. The surviving range which is included in this list is thought to date from C15 or early C16.
Stone screen-wall along road attached to NW corner of barn, probably of late medieval date but recently rebuilt. Wide chamfered and pointed archway with flattened rere-arch, formerly giving access to farmyard but the ground level is now heavily built-up. Flanking rubble piers above capped parapets.
Included at Grade II* as a rare and valuable survival from a monastic grange.
Other nearby listed buildings