This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.001 / 52°0'3"N
Longitude: -4.6064 / 4°36'23"W
OS Eastings: 221179
OS Northings: 236826
OS Grid: SN211368
Mapcode National: GBR D2.J02R
Mapcode Global: VH2N3.3YMX
Entry Name: Wernddofn
Listing Date: 25 January 1995
Last Amended: 25 January 1995
Source ID: 15399
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated about 1km W of Penrydd church, W of Dulas stream.
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early C19 gentry house, the history obscure before 1837 when it was sold as part of the estate of the late Col. Morgan of Brynaeron, Llandissilio. Marked on 1840 Tithe Map as owned by John Colby of Ffynone, William Evans was tenant of both owners.
Early C19 small country house, whitewashed stucco with slate roofs and rendered end stacks. Two storeys and attic, three-window front with moulded stone eaves course and bedimental gable. Pediment has lunette recess with inset 9-pane window. Main floors have unusual use of the tripartite Venetian window for all five windows. 4-12-4-pane with intersecting glazing bars in centre arched heads. Centre ledged door with traceried radiating bar fanlight. Two parallel rear wings with end stacks. E side of E wing has 8-pane sash each floor and door to right, the sashes horned probably replacing 16-pane sashes. W side of W wing has 4-pane window over 8-pane to right and 8-pane stair light over 4-pane to left.
Listed as a small country house most unusual in having five Venetian windows to facade.
Other nearby listed buildings