This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7486 / 52°44'54"N
Longitude: -3.0535 / 3°3'12"W
OS Eastings: 328984
OS Northings: 317293
OS Grid: SJ289172
Mapcode National: GBR 73.ZW76
Mapcode Global: WH8BH.257Q
Entry Name: Outbuildings, formerly of Llandrinio Hall
Listing Date: 29 December 1994
Last Amended: 29 December 1994
Source ID: 15405
Building Class: Domestic
Location: A group of farm buildings and walls immediately SW of Llandrinio Hall standing well back from the road.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Former Kitchen garden to Llandrinio Hall, with farm building, possibly the original carriage house. c.1680
Walls: Forming a large irregular enclosure with the building at the NW corner facing the original access drive to the house. The north side and most of the E side survives to the original height of approximately 3m, but some sections rebuilt above 2m.
The NW building: Converted to cattle stabling and loose boxes in C19, with all openings altered including 2 wide openings on N side. Five bay double purlins with central strut to collar, all with carpenter's marks. The early brick work returns on the E side forming the W wall of a barn attached at right angles to its S face.
Piggery: On the S side, apparently built against the north side of the wall, a piggery with attic, formerly a malting house inscribed in paint 'WR 1789 Malster'.
At the E side of the enclosure a C 19 brick range of 5 pig-sties with larger boar house at the S end, each style 3m x 2.4 with 3.2 wide run.
Included as an interesting group of farm buildings within a walled enclosure of group importance with Llandrinio Hall.
Other nearby listed buildings