This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7438 / 52°44'37"N
Longitude: -2.9985 / 2°59'54"W
OS Eastings: 332690
OS Northings: 316711
OS Grid: SJ326167
Mapcode National: GBR B6.08GB
Mapcode Global: WH8BH.X9BC
Entry Name: The Haim
Listing Date: 29 December 1994
Last Amended: 29 December 1994
Source ID: 15426
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located on a large area of alluvial land between the Rivers Severn and Vyrnwy.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
The farm appears to be a primary settlement on marshland reclaimed by the construction of argua/argy (levees) by Thomas Telford, surveyor of public works for Shropshire, after the Commons Enclosure Act 1799, to protect the town of Shrewsbury from a series of disastrous floods.
Farmhouse, early C19, brick with slate roofs. Two stories, 2 bays with 2-bay 3-storey wing at SE end with rear stack, now the main house area, further extended with a longer lean-to on the N side. Brick dentilled eaves to earlier section. Large canopied porch on columns over part-glazed door. Sixteen paned sash window to the earlier wing. C20 additions at rear.
Included as a good example of regional farmhouse, which has historic interest also as part of the new settlement pattern after early C19 land reclamation.
Other nearby listed buildings