This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7342 / 52°44'3"N
Longitude: -3.0934 / 3°5'36"W
OS Eastings: 326265
OS Northings: 315732
OS Grid: SJ262157
Mapcode National: GBR B2.0WL9
Mapcode Global: WH79B.GJ5R
Entry Name: Trederwyn Hall (also known as Trederwyn Farm)
Listing Date: 29 December 1994
Last Amended: 29 December 1994
Source ID: 15435
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Standing within the township of Ardd-l_n on low lying ground.
Built-Up Area: Arddleen
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Farmhouse. C17 and C19. The seat of the important Vaughan family. Belonged to the Lord of the Manor until 1823 when it was sold by the Earl of Darlington to a Mr Peel.
Timber framed, replaced by brick in C19, with machine tiled roof. Two storeys 3 bays, with fourth bay added at W end. Entrance in centre bay, probably originally forming lobby with stack, and original service room in E bay. Entrance to rear within C20 glazed lean-to structure. C20 two and three-light paned timber windows. C19 yellow brick octagonal stacks to centre and west stacks.
Main hall bay has deeply chamfered cross beams with check and scoop stops, and secondary chamfered joists placed in alternating directions. Major stack with fire lintel, marked by rushlights. Chamfered spine beams in service room and parlour behind stack. Post under spine beams in service room and parlour behind stack. Post under spine beam of original gable has simple decorated jowl, the post now reversed. Roof not seen.
Large vernacular farmhouse retaining substantial character from C17 and later.
Other nearby listed buildings