History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hope Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Trewern, Powys

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6595 / 52°39'34"N

Longitude: -3.1131 / 3°6'47"W

OS Eastings: 324807

OS Northings: 307449

OS Grid: SJ248074

Mapcode National: GBR B1.5J7C

Mapcode Global: WH79Q.4DTZ

Entry Name: Hope Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 January 1995

Last Amended: 24 January 1995

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 15650

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated on the W side of the B.4388 from Buttington to Leighton.

County: Powys

Community: Trewern (Tre-wern)

Community: Trewern

Locality: Hope

Traditional County: Montgomeryshire

Find accommodation in
Welshpool

History

Farmhouse built for the Leighton Estate, c. 1850.

Exterior

Red brick with slate roof. Two storeys, 3 bays with contemporary rear wing of 2 bays with gable stack. South elevation has centre bay slightly set forward and gabled, with later 1-storey gabled porch covering entrance. Twelve-paned sashes with stone sills and rendered lintels, the centre window on the first floor round headed with radial glazing bars. Attic gable windows also round-headed, and canted bay lighting ground floor and cellar at W end. Stack on E gable, and to rear of parlour in W bay.

Reasons for Listing

Listed as an example of the high quality buildings provided by the Leighton Estate.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Old Hope Farmhouse
    Located on a platform site on the western side of Hope Lane.
  • II Lower Leighton Farm
    Located approximately 0.6km N of Leighton church opposite the junction between the B4388 and B4381.
  • II Severn Lodge
    Located approximately 1.0km NW of Leighton church on R bank of River Severn.
  • II Bridge over channel N of Severn Lodge
    Located approximately 1.1km NW of Leighton church on N side of B4381 and R bank of River Severn.
  • II Garbett's Hall
    Located at the bottom of the narrow Welsh Harp Valley, on a platform site, facing out to the north.
  • II The Malthouse
    On the west bank of the River Severn, immediately south of Buttington Bridge, approached via a track
  • II Buttington Vicarage
    The building lies some 200 yards S of Buttington Church.
  • II Pentre Farm Byre and Cart Shed
    Located approximately 0.5km E of Leighton church on N side of a minor road between Leighton and Trel

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.