This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0074 / 52°0'26"N
Longitude: -4.012 / 4°0'43"W
OS Eastings: 262000
OS Northings: 236240
OS Grid: SN620362
Mapcode National: GBR DV.HPJ0
Mapcode Global: VH4HB.DTX0
Entry Name: Schoolroom in grounds of St Sawel's Church
Listing Date: 26 May 1995
Last Amended: 26 May 1995
Source ID: 16002
Building Class: Education
Location: Situated in graveyard, slightly to SW of parish church.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Built 1805 by Evan Jones, mason for ú31-10-0. Formerly the parish schoolroom until superseded c1875 by present village school.
1805 small single storey schoolroom. Rubble built, slate roof, close timber eaves. Rubble chimney stack to right, stone tabling. Boarded door to right, cambered head; stone voussoirs. Blocked doorway to left, similar head. Two wide windows to centre, heads as doors; C20 metal casements. Two rear windows with original 16-pane sashes, similar heads.
Attached shed to right with half-hipped roof. Boarded door, head as above.
Group value with parish church.
Other nearby listed buildings