This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1225 / 52°7'21"N
Longitude: -4.4773 / 4°28'38"W
OS Eastings: 230504
OS Northings: 250027
OS Grid: SN305500
Mapcode National: GBR D7.8G3J
Mapcode Global: VH3K1.BXX8
Entry Name: Penralltycordde
Listing Date: 20 June 1995
Last Amended: 20 June 1995
Source ID: 16095
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated down drive W of lane running S some 500m from A 487 near Temple Barr, W of Sarnau.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Dated 1807 J. Jones, early C19 farmhouse, probably replacing earlier house, now cottage to SE. Both houses marked on 1842 Tithe Map when part of the estate of J.S. Harford of Falcondale, Lampeter, occupied by James Jones.
Sandstone rubble, formerly whitewashed, with slate roof and stone end-wall stacks. Two-storey, three-window front of hornless sashes, 12-pane below, smaller above, 9-pane originally, but centre replaced with 12-pane. Ledged door with small-paned overlight. Ground floor sandstone voussoirs. Date plaque above door "1807 J.Jones". E end wall has three small stone ledges in gable, one first floor window to left, 9-pane, and, to right in end wall of outshut one window each floor. Stone voussoirs. Outshut rear has two small upper windows, centre door and window to right.
Large W end fireplace with oak lintel, plank door, 6-panel door to parlour with small stone fireplace. Plank partitions to centre passage and first floor landing. Dog-leg stair with stick baluster landing rail, half-landing goes through main internal spine wall. Pegged collar trusses to roof.
Included as good example of traditional late C18 to earlier C19 farmhouse with surviving interior detail.
Other nearby listed buildings