This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0123 / 52°0'44"N
Longitude: -3.9155 / 3°54'55"W
OS Eastings: 268633
OS Northings: 236604
OS Grid: SN686366
Mapcode National: GBR DZ.HHD2
Mapcode Global: VH4HD.2PW7
Entry Name: Former Cow-House at Troedyrhiw
Listing Date: 2 August 1995
Last Amended: 2 August 1995
Source ID: 16251
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Farm at end of long track off A482 1 KM N of Hafod Bridge. Cow- house to SW of farmhouse.
Community: Cynwyl Gaeo
Locality: Hafod Bridge
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid/late C18 cow-house. Clearly shown on 1830 O.S map. 1841 owner, David Arthur Saunders Davies; occupier, Mary Edwards.
Whitewashed rubble cow-house. Corrugated-iron roof, wooden soffits. Three doors to front with timber lintels; the central door is partly blocked. Right end with small loop to ground floor and doorway to gable with timber lintel reduced to form window. Left end with blocked ground floor loop, timber lintel. Plain rear.
Four-bay roof structure consisting of three pairs of slightly curving thin upper principals resting on cut-off beams. Pegged collars and yoked apexes, rough purlins on cleats. The soffits of the crucks are chamfered. Thatch complete: underthatch of rough poles. C19 wooden cow-stalls.
Listed for the upper-cruck type of roof construction, a rare regional example in an agricultural building; close proximity to the fine scarfed-cruck barn range nearby.
Other nearby listed buildings