History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Felindolau

A Grade II Listed Building in Cynwyl Gaeo, Carmarthenshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0458 / 52°2'44"N

Longitude: -3.9577 / 3°57'27"W

OS Eastings: 265841

OS Northings: 240409

OS Grid: SN658404

Mapcode National: GBR DX.FBZ1

Mapcode Global: VH4H5.CV32

Entry Name: Felindolau

Listing Date: 2 August 1995

Last Amended: 2 August 1995

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 16253

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Situated at E end of village alongside A482.

County: Carmarthenshire

Community: Cynwyl Gaeo

Locality: Pumpsaint

Traditional County: Carmarthenshire

Find accommodation in
Pumpsaint

History

1839 house formerly belonging to the Dolaucothi estate mill extended by one bay to the right in the late C19. The mill (located at the N end of the house) has been demolished.

Exterior

Rubble-built, squared quoins. Slate roof, deep eaves and bargeboards. Central rebuilt chimney stack to 1839 portion, diagonally set flues on rendered square base. Renewed brick stack to right gable. 1839 3-bay facade symmetrical about full-height projecting gabled porch. C20 half-glazed door with leaded latticed lights, cambered stone voussoired head. Four light timber transom and mullion window above, latticed leaded lights, head as above, stone sill. Ground floor cruciform window to each side of porch, the vertical portion glazed. Ground floor windows as above door, also to later bay, the latter with brick cambered head. Upper windows rising to gabled dormers, single- pane latticed leaded lights, heads obscured by rendering, stone sills. The date of 1839 (apparently above the left hand dormer) is no longer visible. Blank right end. Left end with a 2-light latticed leaded casement to each storey, stone voussoired cambered heads, stone sill above, concrete below. Rear with C20 glazing and small stone built outshut.

Interior

Single flight stick-baluster stair off centre room with square newels; balusters with vertical reeding. Collarbeam roof, sawn and adzed trusses.

Reasons for Listing

A well-preserved former estate building in picturesque setting.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.