This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0477 / 52°2'51"N
Longitude: -3.9613 / 3°57'40"W
OS Eastings: 265599
OS Northings: 240628
OS Grid: SN655406
Mapcode National: GBR DX.F431
Mapcode Global: VH4H5.9S5L
Entry Name: Attached Cottage to left of The Forge
Listing Date: 2 August 1995
Last Amended: 2 August 1995
Source ID: 16257
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated in village centre on N side of A482 behind small grassed area.
Community: Cynwyl Gaeo
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Early C19. Shown on 1841 Tithe Map: owner John Johnes of Dolaucothi. Still in use
Blacksmith's shop with attached cottage to left. Rubble built, timber bargeboards to smithy. Broad chimney stacks to cottage, render on gable to right, the other chimney of brick and shared with adjoining house to W. Brick gable stack to smithy. Single-storey, five-bay front to smithy. Three 4-light windows to left, cast iron latticed glazing, cambered stone voussoired heads (brick head to right). Doorway offset to right, head as above, divided stable-type planked door. Window to right as others, but thicker vertical dividing member, head as above. Concrete sills. Attached rubble lower shed to right, planked door, timber lintel. Inserted 9-pane window to gable. Large C20 extension to rear.
Three-bay, two-storey front to cottage, facade offset to right. Four-pane sashes to ground floor, cambered stone voussoired heads. Central doorway, C20 door, cemented architrave. Narrow upper 4-pane pivoted windows, timber lintels. Slate sills. Rear wing with rendered gable stack, C20 windows and doors, C20 extension beyond.
Eye-catching group of small buildings in well-preserved village setting
Other nearby listed buildings