This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5858 / 52°35'9"N
Longitude: -3.1916 / 3°11'29"W
OS Eastings: 319361
OS Northings: 299337
OS Grid: SO193993
Mapcode National: GBR 9Y.B2XF
Mapcode Global: WH7B1.Y8BG
Entry Name: Bridge 130 over The Mongomeryshire Canal
Listing Date: 21 August 1995
Last Amended: 21 August 1995
Source ID: 16378
Building Class: Transport
Location: Carries a minor lane over the canal 400m approx. N of the Nags Head Public House.
Community: Berriew (Aberriw)
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
The Montgomeryshire Canal was built as far south as Garthmyl between 1794 and 1797, engineered by John and Thomas Dadford. This bridge forms part of this first phase of the canal (though it has been repaired subsequently).
Single span bridge, of red brick (painted or limewashed) with splayed abutments and segmental arch. Parapets to either side rebuilt above the string course in blue brick.
Listed as part of the original engineering works associated with the Montgomeryshire Canal.
Other nearby listed buildings