This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5921 / 52°35'31"N
Longitude: -3.1878 / 3°11'16"W
OS Eastings: 319633
OS Northings: 300030
OS Grid: SJ196000
Mapcode National: GBR 9Y.9XG7
Mapcode Global: WH7B2.038N
Entry Name: Coach House at Glansevern Hall (including Courtyard Wall, Gate-Piers and Gates)
Listing Date: 21 August 1995
Last Amended: 21 August 1995
Source ID: 16386
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Form a courtyard to the rear of the house.
Community: Berriew (Aberriw)
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
The buildings were originally the brewhouse and coach house to the hall and are probably almost contemporary with it (c1800); converted into two dwellings (Garden House and Coach House), c1980.
Brewhouse range to the S is brick with hipped slate roof: 2-storeyed, 4-window range with doorway to right of centre, and mainly leaded windows, with transoms and cambered brick heads to ground floor. Former coach house encloses the courtyard to the E: also brick, with slate roof surmounted by a cupola. 2-storeyed, with 2-window ranges to either side of central pedimented block. This is articulated by pilasters, forming wide central bay with paired wide segmental openings to ground floor (upper windows renewed in earlier openings), and segmentally arched doorway and passage entry in outer bays, with blind windows above. The courtyard is enclosed to the N by a brick wall with plain stone copings and paired cast-iron gates.
A highly important part of an ensemble at Glansevern Hall, and service buildings of some quality.
Other nearby listed buildings