This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0447 / 53°2'41"N
Longitude: -2.9929 / 2°59'34"W
OS Eastings: 333531
OS Northings: 350178
OS Grid: SJ335501
Mapcode National: GBR 75.DCHF
Mapcode Global: WH88Z.0Q3Q
Entry Name: No 4, Church Street (E Side),,,,,clwyd,
Listing Date: 16 June 1980
Last Amended: 31 January 1994
Source ID: 16476
Building Class: Domestic
Location: On the corner of Church Street and Temple Row.
Built-Up Area: Wrexham
Traditional County: Denbighshire
C17 core to a largely mid C18 structure, rebuilt as 2 houses and shops by Samuel Edwards in 1757 (Palmer), and then including No 6 Temple Row.
Lined out render over brick, incorporating elements of a timber framed structure, and with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic, 4 window range. No 3 retains an early C19 shop front with doorway to left and bow window with small panes beneath continuous fascia with heavily scrolled brackets; inserted late C20 shop front to No 4. 4-pane sashes with flat arched stuccoed heads with voussoirs and painted stone sills to upper storey, and 3 gabled dormers in the roof. Rusticated angle quoins. Axial stack, and a C19 or early C20 stack added or replaced on gable facing Temple Row. Tripartite window to first floor in this gable return. Timber framing in square panels visible in side and internal partition walls of No 3.
The property is connected at first floor level with No 6 Temple Row, with which it is historically linked.
Other nearby listed buildings