This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0446 / 52°2'40"N
Longitude: -3.8196 / 3°49'10"W
OS Eastings: 275305
OS Northings: 240030
OS Grid: SN753400
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.F97G
Mapcode Global: VH4H7.RV2Z
Entry Name: Lychgate to parish walls
Listing Date: 29 November 1995
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 16969
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated on W side of village street, in line with W door of church.
Community: Cilycwm (Cil-y-cwm)
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1858 lychgate to churchyard of Church of St Michael, by David Beynon of Cilycwm, according to churchwardens' accounts.
Ashlar and rubble stone with stone-tiled roof. Paired wrought iron gates between gabled walls with stone coping and cross finials. Front edge of each wall is rusticated with top cornice piece to restrain coping. Oak lintels across and rafter roof. Gates have dog-bars, mid and top row of circles and spearhead finials. To each side is a curving low stone terrace wall with rusticated stone coping and low spearhead rails, a short length extending S to Neuadd Fawr Arms, a longer length N to No 1 Church Street.
Group value with Church of St Michael, the only example of stone tiles in the village.
Other nearby listed buildings