This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0445 / 52°2'40"N
Longitude: -3.8196 / 3°49'10"W
OS Eastings: 275305
OS Northings: 240014
OS Grid: SN753400
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.F97H
Mapcode Global: VH4H7.RW33
Entry Name: Neuadd Fawr Arms
Listing Date: 29 November 1995
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 16970
Building Class: Commercial
Location: Situated on E side of village street just S of churchyard.
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
1855-6 village inn, rebuilt for W. Campbell-Davys of Neuadd Fawr on the site of the Black Lion, recorded in 1823, and known as the Neuadd Arms during later C19. Two successive agents for the Neuadd Fawr estate also ran the pub, until 1918.
Whitewashed stucco with slate roof, and stone end stacks. Two-storey, three-window main range, of tripartite 4-12-4-pane hornless sashes and centre recessed half-glazed door with overlight. Stucco plinth, quoins, and channelled door surround with cambered head, shoulder and keystone blocks. First floor sill band. Flat bracketed eaves, gable bargeboards with apex finial. N end has single ground floor 12-pane sash. Rear is rubble stone with brick window surrounds, big centre stair-light, first floor 12-pane sash each side. S end has SE rear wing running back, 3 first floor sashes, ground floor narrow light to left and door with sash each side to right. Roughcast right end stack.
Included for group value with other items in centre of Cilycwm.
Other nearby listed buildings