This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0946 / 52°5'40"N
Longitude: -3.8207 / 3°49'14"W
OS Eastings: 275372
OS Northings: 245589
OS Grid: SN753455
Mapcode National: GBR Y3.B2YL
Mapcode Global: VH4H1.QMJ5
Entry Name: Troedrhiwbeynon
Listing Date: 29 November 1995
Last Amended: 29 November 1995
Source ID: 16994
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on S side of Gwenffrwd valley on road from Rhandirmwyn to Cwrtycadno, some 1.5 km NW of Rhandirmwyn Bridge.
Community: Cilycwm (Cil-y-cwm)
Locality: Cwm Gwenffrwd
Traditional County: Carmarthenshire
Mid C19 farmhouse typical of steep upland valleys of northern part of Cilycwm C area. A house is marked on site on 1845 Tithe Map, owned by the Earl of Cawdor and occupied by David Jones, with 62 acres. This house could have been rebuilt slightly later.
Rubble stone with slate roof, and roughcast end wall stacks. Two-storey, three-window N front, offset to right. Hornless 12-pane sashes with 4-panel door and margin-glazed overlight. Stone voussoirs. Rendered W end wall, rubble stone E end. Cowshed attached to W is whitewashed with slate roof, four doors and one window with cambered stone-voussoir heads.
Included as a well preserved and representative example of the farmhouses of the small upland farms of this valley and the next valley to N.