This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5605 / 51°33'37"N
Longitude: -3.027 / 3°1'37"W
OS Eastings: 328902
OS Northings: 185124
OS Grid: ST289851
Mapcode National: GBR J4.DWVL
Mapcode Global: VH7BK.H13K
Entry Name: Home Farm
Listing Date: 31 July 1996
Last Amended: 31 July 1996
Source ID: 17101
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Set at E end of workshops, to North of Tredegar House, leading into outer yard.
Community: Coedkernew (Coedcernyw)
Locality: Tredegar House
Built-Up Area: Newport
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
Tredegar House was the seat of the Morgan family from the early C15 through to the mid C20. The surviving medieval house was incorporated into the South West wing of the much grander, classical house that was built between 1664 and 1672 by Sir William Morgan (d.1680). The Estate was self-sufficient throughout the C17-C20 and The Home farm is shown on the Estate map of 1827 by William Jones.
Early C19, single storey cottage of square plan. Rendered elevations. Steeply pitched hipped, slated roof with Edwardian red brick chimney stack. W elevation has three modern casement windows in original openings, the central opening probably originally a doorway. Small, later extension to N with hipped roof and boarded door. S elevation has single small window opening to left hand side with modern window. Rear elevation of painted brick with casement windows and glazed door.
Not available for inspection at time of resurvey (February 1996).
Included for group value with other listed items at Tredegar House.
Other nearby listed buildings