This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0455 / 52°2'43"N
Longitude: -3.2011 / 3°12'3"W
OS Eastings: 317724
OS Northings: 239246
OS Grid: SO177392
Mapcode National: GBR YY.F6M6
Mapcode Global: VH6BH.GVL9
Entry Name: Crescent House
Listing Date: 18 January 1996
Last Amended: 18 January 1996
Source ID: 17177
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Located on the corner of the B.4350 through Glasbury to Boughrood, and the former B.4350 to Hereford.
Community: Glasbury (Y Clas-ar-wy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
Built c. 1840 in a late Georgian style, formerly the Crescent Stores and post office for Glasbury.
Colourwashed stone with pecked ashlar dressings, the end quoins carried up as pilasters. Slate roof. Two storeys, 3 bays, with a shorter attached rear wing parallel to the front, continued at right angles along road with outbuildings. Central 5-panelled door with margin glazed overlight within a portico on iron columns. Panelled reveals to door. To either side, 16-pane sashes and three 12-pane sashes to the first floor. Wide eaves. Large stack on east gable, and between the central stair hall and reception room in the W bay. The W end elevation, against the road has 12-paned sashes to the upper floor, but a C20 window below, and a blocked door to the rear wing.
Included as a prominent and well preserved early C19 house within the Conservation Area.
Other nearby listed buildings