This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.072 / 52°4'19"N
Longitude: -3.1954 / 3°11'43"W
OS Eastings: 318164
OS Northings: 242186
OS Grid: SO181421
Mapcode National: GBR YY.CN07
Mapcode Global: VH6BH.K5LY
Entry Name: Moity Chapel
Listing Date: 18 January 1996
Last Amended: 18 January 1996
Source ID: 17224
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Located on the N side of the road from Llowes to Painscastle, near the junction of the lane to Gogia. Set in a small graveyard, now cleared.
Community: Glasbury (Y Clas-ar-wy)
Traditional County: Radnorshire
Formerly the New Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel at Moity, built in 1816 and converted to a house in the later C20.
Rubble stonework with a hipped slate roof. On the S side, facing the road, a central door, boarded with cover strips, set in a heavy frame. Four-centred arched openings either side contain paned casement windows, the heads with intersecting glazing bars, Boarded shutters. Similar window at the W end, set higher. Over the door, a plaque reading 'Built for the use of the PRIMITIVE METHODISTS, AD 1816. A small C20 window set in the E end and 2 glazed doors to the rear.
Included as an early rural chapel, sensitively converted to domestic use.
Other nearby listed buildings