A Grade II Listed Building in Mochdre, Powys
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5181 / 52°31'5"N
Longitude: -3.3875 / 3°23'15"W
OS Eastings: 305946
OS Northings: 292041
OS Grid: SO059920
Mapcode National: GBR 9P.GGN3
Mapcode Global: VH682.7ZJ0
Entry Name: Milestone
Listing Date: 26 September 1996
Last Amended: 26 September 1996
Source ID: 17330
Building Class: Transport
Location: On the A489, S side, opposite the entrance to Ty Mawr farm.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
On the Newtown to Llanidloes Turnpike, established after the Montgomeryshire Turnpike Act of 1769.
Stone, c0.5m high, hammer dressed to the front and sides, with the rear unworked. On the front, letters have been cut in reading 'NEWT 4' and 'LLANI 91/2'. An Ordnance Survey bench mark has been cut in subsequently.
Reasons for Listing
A well preserved milestone of late C18 date.
Other nearby listed buildings
Located on the N side of the B4568 at the W end of Aberhafesp village. The house is positioned on a
The mill lies on the N side of the Newtown to Llanwnog road, in the valley of the Rhyd-ros-lan, whic
Located at the end of a short driveway leading N off the B4568. Set within gardens stretching towar
Church of St.Gwynnog
At the E end of the village, N of the B4568 and the Severn Valley, in a slightly raised position.
The farmhouse is located on a river terrace above the River Severn valley, 3Km E of Llanwnog village
Located on the first terrace above the Severn valley, 1.5km SE of Caersws.
Milestone outside Aelbryn
The milestone is now located in the narrow road verge, under the garden hedge of 'Aelbryn', approx 1