History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

,2,Bridge End,Churchstoke,Montgomery,,

A Grade II Listed Building in Churchstoke, Powys

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5406 / 52°32'26"N

Longitude: -3.0757 / 3°4'32"W

OS Eastings: 327138

OS Northings: 294178

OS Grid: SO271941

Mapcode National: GBR B3.F1FC

Mapcode Global: VH75P.MDVR

Entry Name: ,2,Bridge End,Churchstoke,Montgomery,,

Listing Date: 1 October 1996

Last Amended: 1 October 1996

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 17341

Building Class: Domestic

Location: Houses located at the junction of Bridge End and Castle Road, facing the road bridge over the River Camlad and in a position slightly set down from the road.

County: Powys

Town: Montgomery

Community: Churchstoke (Yr Ystog)

Community: Churchstoke

Built-Up Area: Churchstoke

Traditional County: Montgomeryshire

Find accommodation in
Church Stoke

History

Originally a 3-unit house, which has subsequently been subdivided to form 2 dwellings. There is a date stone high in the wall above the front door with an inscribed date of 1778 and the initials P and B. Marked on the Tithe Map as House, Shop, Buildings.

Interior

No access to the interior at time of inspection (February 1996).

Reasons for Listing

Listed as a largely unaltered, stone town house of 1778, in a prominent location at the W end of the village.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II ,1,Bridge End,Churchstoke,Montgomery,,
    Houses located at the junction of Bridge End and Castle Road, facing the road bridge over the River
  • II Bridge View
    Cottage located on the E side of the continuation of Wernddu Lane close to the junction with Castle
  • II The Court House Inn
    Public House located immediately N of the Church in the centre of the village. There is a car park
  • II Brynafon
    Adjoining house and shop located centrally within the village, opposite the Court House Public House
  • II Sylfaen
    Adjoining house and shop located centrally within the village, opposite the Court House Public House
  • II Church of St Nicholas
    The church stands in a large circular churchyard in a raised position overlooking the confluence of
  • II Churchstoke Pottery, Teashop and School House
    Formerly school and school house fronting Castle Road, with a car park to the E which used to be the
  • II Churchstoke Hall
    Located on the corner of Castle Road and Green Lane. A courtyard to the rear of the hall is lined b

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.