This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0578 / 52°3'28"N
Longitude: -4.423 / 4°25'22"W
OS Eastings: 233978
OS Northings: 242708
OS Grid: SN339427
Mapcode National: GBR D9.DHK5
Mapcode Global: VH3KG.9J3T
Entry Name: Cowshed range at Llwyn-Cadfor
Listing Date: 4 June 1996
Last Amended: 4 June 1996
Source ID: 17590
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Location: Llwyn-Cadfor is situated at the end of track off by-road: junction some 0.3km S of Bryngwenith chapel (W side). The farmyard is about 20m SW of the house and the cowshed is on the N side
Community: Llandyfriog (Llandyfrïog)
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Mid/late C19 cowshed, extended by three bays to E at later date. The present arrangement is not indicated on the 1844 Tithe map. Llwyn-Cadfor was the old home of the ap Rhys family. The owner and occupier in 1844 was John Beynon (157 acres).
Whitewashed rubble construction. Asbestos corrugated sheet roof. Twelve bay one and a half storey elevation. The 9 bays to the W are symmetrical, having two boarded doors flanked by a short loop each side, having a C20 6-pane window between and to each outer bay. Four partially blocked upper windows above the loops. The contiguous 3 bays to the right are an extension, with a joint clearly visible. Boarded door to left, C20 6-pane window to right. First floor window as above. Timber lintels. Rear with doorway to right and lean-to shed to left. At right angles to the latter is an added whitewashed rubble double pigsty with corrugated iron roof and forecourt walls having low planked gates with stone lintels overhead.
Group value with farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings