This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.096 / 52°5'45"N
Longitude: -4.3574 / 4°21'26"W
OS Eastings: 238611
OS Northings: 246807
OS Grid: SN386468
Mapcode National: GBR DD.B1TS
Mapcode Global: VH3K9.FL81
Entry Name: Dinas Cerdin
Listing Date: 4 June 1996
Last Amended: 4 June 1996
Source ID: 17619
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated beneath Dinas Cerdin hillfort, approached by drive running N off Bwlchygroes-Tregroes lane from junction 200m N of Pont Bargoed.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Farmhouse dated 1795, built for T. Evans, possibly remodelled in earlier C19.
Cement-washed rubble stone with slate roof, and stone end stacks, larger to left. Flat eaves with paired scrolled brackets. Two-storey, three-window range of 6-pane horned sashes and C20 door, all with cambered heads, recessed stone voussoirs and raised keystones. Date plaque over door :
Outshut rear against hillside. Left end lean-to cart-shed with cambered arch and three rows of dove-holes above.
Listed as a good example of a traditional farmhouse, the best in the area. The bracketed eaves are more typical of the 1820s, though used in gentry houses, such as those by John Nash, in the 1790s.
Other nearby listed buildings