This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1951 / 52°11'42"N
Longitude: -4.3116 / 4°18'41"W
OS Eastings: 242098
OS Northings: 257731
OS Grid: SN420577
Mapcode National: GBR DG.3TD0
Mapcode Global: VH3JY.63Z1
Entry Name: Coach-house and Stable Range at the Vicarage
Listing Date: 16 February 1996
Last Amended: 16 February 1996
Source ID: 17720
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated immediately N of The Vicarage
Built-Up Area: Llanarth
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
1862 lofted coach-house and stable with ancillary outbuildings. By R.J.Withers, contemporary with The Vicarage.
Sandstone rubble with tooled sandstone dressings and slate roofs. Lofted main range with W end battered stack. Ground floor stable to left and centre with window, ledged door and window, all with segmental-pointed heads and chamfered jambs. Flush stone windowsills. Over door, under eaves is broad boarded loft door with similar chamfered jambs. To right is broad cambered-arched coach-entry. Boarded loft window above, set higher than loft door over stable, the window with chamfered stone lintel, and breaking through eaves under stone gable.
Attached to left is single-storey range with one broad segmental-pointed door to right, and W end gable with broad segmental-pointed boarded window and vent loop in gable. Courtyard screen-wall (listed with The Vicarage) is attached to SW angle.
Right end has single-storey range, hipped to W with door between two small windows, all with chamfered lintels.
Group value with The Vicarage, and a good example of Victorian asymmetrical design in its own right.
Other nearby listed buildings