This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2136 / 52°12'49"N
Longitude: -4.2342 / 4°14'3"W
OS Eastings: 247451
OS Northings: 259620
OS Grid: SN474596
Mapcode National: GBR DK.2NCJ
Mapcode Global: VH3JS.KMDD
Entry Name: Monument at Capel Neuaddlwyd
Listing Date: 21 February 1996
Last Amended: 21 February 1996
Source ID: 17755
Building Class: Commemorative
Location: Situated prominately in front of Capel Neuaddlwyd behind railings on a low wall.
Locality: Neuadd - Lwyd
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Intricately carved white marble angel holding floral wreat on high granite pedestal. Pedestal has pink granite square two-step base, battered grey granite shaft with inscriptions and heavy pink granite square cap, coved beneath, cross-gabled above under moulded square statue plinth. Inscription on front to the Rev. Thomas Phillips, minister 1796-1842 and the Rev. William Evans, minister 1835-96. On left side is bronze portrait roundel of David Jones and inscription to the Rev. David Jones, and Thomas and Mary Bevan who went as missionaries to Madagascar in 1818, the Bevans dying there 1819, and David Jones dying in 1841. On right side is a list of sixteen ministers originally from the Neuaddlwyd congregation.
Listed as an unusually elaborate memorial, commemorating the achievements of members of one of the most important Independent congregations in W. Wales.
Other nearby listed buildings