This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2837 / 52°17'1"N
Longitude: -4.1719 / 4°10'18"W
OS Eastings: 251940
OS Northings: 267283
OS Grid: SN519672
Mapcode National: GBR 8N.Y7FH
Mapcode Global: VH3JF.MVTP
Entry Name: Glyn Cottage
Listing Date: 30 April 1996
Last Amended: 30 April 1996
Source ID: 17913
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated to the E of the A487, just S of the Afon Peris, facing onto public footpath to the E of Glyn Peris.
Community: Llansantffraed (Llansanffraid)
Built-Up Area: Llanon
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Early C19 pair of single storey cottages. On 1846 Tithe Map a Court House, owned and occupied by Captain David Williams is on site.
Whitewashed rubble stone with corrugated iron roofs, stone end stacks and brick ridge stack to right of centre. One-storey, five-bay with three 4-pane horned sashes alternated with two doors, one 4-panel. Timber lintels. Windowless end walls, corners of N end are rounded.
A good pair of regional vernacular cottages, probably originally thatched, set behind a small walled orchard.
Other nearby listed buildings