This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.064 / 52°3'50"N
Longitude: -4.5664 / 4°33'59"W
OS Eastings: 224169
OS Northings: 243730
OS Grid: SN241437
Mapcode National: GBR D3.D3Z9
Mapcode Global: VH2MX.SDR3
Entry Name: Coach-House and Stable to W of Llandygwydd Church
Listing Date: 15 March 1996
Last Amended: 15 March 1996
Source ID: 17957
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated on S side of church approach, at entry to car park.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Probably of c1857 by R.J. Withers, contemporary with church. Coach-house with stable beneath for the use of the vicar or parishioners.
Rubble stone with grey Cilgerran stone dressings and half-hipped slate roof. Two storeys, as built into bank, the upper floor a two-bay coach house open to N, with timber centre post, and timber eaves lintels, the two openings slightly shouldered by timber inserts in upper angles. Additional coach-house to left, lower roof and half-hipped E gable, plain entry. W end is taller, because of fall in ground, with gable vent loop and lower level stable. This has W window and door with chamfered surrounds and single-slab lintels. Additionally the window is divided into two shouldered lights by timbering. Board shutters and ledged door. Plain stone-voussoir S rear window.
Included as a good example of High Victorian design at the utilitarian level. The shouldering of the openings is similar to the windows on Cardigan Guildhall, by Withers 1858.
Other nearby listed buildings