This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6274 / 51°37'38"N
Longitude: -4.9243 / 4°55'27"W
OS Eastings: 197693
OS Northings: 196111
OS Grid: SR976961
Mapcode National: GBR G8.HK1B
Mapcode Global: VH1SD.LCL9
Entry Name: Dairymaid's Quarters
Listing Date: 8 February 1996
Last Amended: 8 February 1996
Source ID: 17991
Building Class: Agriculture and Subsistence
Community: Stackpole and Castlemartin (Stackpole a Chastellmartin)
Locality: Stackpole Court
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
At S end of the site of Stackpole Court, at S of the brewery group. Also called Cawdor cottage.
Designed by Henry Ashton, architect, in 1843. One of a set of buildings constructed around a pre-existing game-larder, on a site at two main levels. Formerly an important part of the service arrangements of Stackpole Court, now preserved and exhibited by the National Trust.
A two-storey house in irregularly coursed ashlar masonry with large quoins. String course at upper window sill level. Low pitched slate roof with hipped ends. Projecting eaves. Tall double chimney shared with the adjacent brewery. Two shafts (and a steam vent) linked by an arch below cornice level. Eight pane sash window at centre of W elevation.
Listed for historical interest and for group value with the other survivals of the Stackpole Court buildings.
Reference: NT (Stackpole) information
Other nearby listed buildings