This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6512 / 51°39'4"N
Longitude: -4.8326 / 4°49'57"W
OS Eastings: 204139
OS Northings: 198507
OS Grid: SS041985
Mapcode National: GBR GB.CZ3P
Mapcode Global: VH2PQ.6R1L
Entry Name: West Moor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 12 March 1996
Last Amended: 12 March 1996
Source ID: 18023
Building Class: Domestic
Location: S of the A4139 via a side-lane. Close to Swan Lake bay.
Community: Manorbier (Maenorbŷr)
Locality: West Moor Farm
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Farmhouse built in 1812. In 1840 it was owned by Anne Dunn and occupied by William Rogers, and there have been Rogers tenants ever since. Named Tasker’s Walk in 1840.
It is a double pile house in which the rear part may be older than 1812. Two storeys and range of 3 windows facing N. Front and side elevations rendered and scored, rear elevation in random rubble. Rear fenestration altered. End chimneys with brick stacks.
The 12-pane front windows have hornless sashes and thin glazing bars. The front door is of 6-fielded panels.
Doorway with Tuscan pilasters and a simplified open pediment. It has panelled reveals and archivolt, with a plain fanlight partly within the pediment. Three slate steps.
High wall to the farmyard at left. Low stone wall to the lane at right with a 5-bar gate.
The front left room (E) has a framed furniture recess in the rear wall and a decorative plaster ceiling cornice. At rear of the hallway is a dogleg staircase with turned newels, square balusters and a cut string with string-brackets. This staircase said to have been moved from a different location, although its position is now orthodox.
Listed as a fine, unspoilt early C19 farmhouse in open countryside.
Other nearby listed buildings