This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1987 / 52°11'55"N
Longitude: -4.2662 / 4°15'58"W
OS Eastings: 245218
OS Northings: 258024
OS Grid: SN452580
Mapcode National: GBR DJ.3LFD
Mapcode Global: VH3JS.0ZHW
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box (01545 580469)
Listing Date: 15 January 1997
Last Amended: 15 January 1997
Source ID: 18109
Building Class: Communications
Location: Situated in the centre of Oakford outside the Old Post Office.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Mid C20 telephone call-box to standard K6 design of Sir Gilbert Scott introduced in 1936. This example made before 1953 by the Lion Foundry Co Ltd, Kirkintilloch.
Red-painted cast-iron kiosk, square plan with two glazed sides and matching glazed door, the door a wooden frame to a cast-iron glazing panel. Glazing is in 8 horizontal panels each with marginal glazing bars and moulded cast-iron surround. Raised plinth. Top has shallow Soaneian dome with 4 lunettes with embossed George VI crown, over three glazed lettered panels, one renewed to different lettering. Plain cast-iron back with maker''s panel embossed.
Included for prominent position in centre of village outside listed Former Post Office.
Other nearby listed buildings