This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7169 / 51°43'0"N
Longitude: -4.8458 / 4°50'45"W
OS Eastings: 203510
OS Northings: 205854
OS Grid: SN035058
Mapcode National: GBR GB.7V28
Mapcode Global: VH1S1.Y3KN
Entry Name: Lower House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 6 February 1997
Last Amended: 6 February 1997
Source ID: 18216
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In the village of West Williamston, 2 km NW of Carew. Reached by a short private road on the E side of the village. Its farm buildings stand on the opposite side of the private access road.
Community: Carew (Caeriw)
Locality: West Williamston
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early-C19 farmhouse. In 1840 it was tenanted by Thomas Ormond with about 68 hectares.
Two storeys, with a large two-storey rear wing. The main part faces W to private lawns. The rear wing also has a symmetrical elevation and this faces S to the private access road which separates the house from the farm buildings. The main part has a range of three windows. Roughcast to the front and side elevations. Gabled roof, slated, with limestone end-chimneys. Patent terracotta pots, all similar. 16-pane hornless sash windows throughout, with rendered surrounds. Door of six panels with transom and fanlight, in rendered reveals.
The appearance of the S-facing front of the rear wing is similar except that the upper windows are of twelve panes and the lower windows have four-pane upper and eight-pane lower sashes. The door is modern and there is a simple porch. Lean-to extension and greenhouse at E.
Listed as a well-preserved early C19 farmhouse in a prominent village position.
Other nearby listed buildings