This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0546 / 53°3'16"N
Longitude: -3.8869 / 3°53'12"W
OS Eastings: 273627
OS Northings: 352483
OS Grid: SH736524
Mapcode National: GBR 60.CQ8S
Mapcode Global: WH554.8HB3
Entry Name: Ty Capel Moriah
Listing Date: 17 February 1997
Last Amended: 17 February 1997
Source ID: 18247
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Adjoining the chapel flush to the rear (N).
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Built in 1880 as part of the Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, the third non-conformist chapel to be built at Dolwyddelan and with a capacity of up to six hundred, the largest. The manse was built as an integral element of the design.
Storied one-window cottage adjoining flush with the chapel and roofed continuously with it. Recessed entrance to E side at L, with quoins of dressed Penmaenmawr stone; 4-panel contemporary door with marginally-glazed overlight. 2-part windows with marginally-glazed sashes and surrounds as before, that to ground floor with shallow triangular lintel; projecting slate cills. Rubble rear gable with rendered upper section. Irregular openings to this side, with off-centre entrance (as before) and similar windows to 3 floors; windows as before to slate-hung W side. Single-storey modern extension to rear gable R.
This was not inspected at the time of survey (10/96.)
Included for group value with the Moriah Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, adjoining.
Other nearby listed buildings