This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0758 / 52°4'32"N
Longitude: -4.1614 / 4°9'41"W
OS Eastings: 251970
OS Northings: 244136
OS Grid: SN519441
Mapcode National: GBR DN.C8G7
Mapcode Global: VH3KL.T3D2
Entry Name: Pont Llanybydder (Partly in Llanybydder Community)
Listing Date: 25 April 1997
Last Amended: 25 April 1997
Source ID: 18373
Building Class: Transport
Location: Situated just W of Llanybydder, carrying B4337 across River Teifi.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Earlier C19 road bridge. In 1832 Herbert Evans of Highmead was paid £100 for his part in organising the rebuilding of the Cardiganshire side, and contractors were paid £70, which may relate to a complete rebuilding. In 1837 William Williams, Bridge Surveyor, was paid £2 for plans for repairs. It was damaged by flood in 1886 and repaired for £725 by Thomas George, County Surveyor for Carmarthenshire.
Cut sandstone triple-arched bridge, slightly humped. Parapets with heavy tooled stone copings. Arches have flush voussoirs alternately of sandstone and slate, and there is a projecting stringcourse above, under parapet. Two cutwaters each side, triangular, broached back to flat piers, continued slightly narrower on parapet. Outer piers simply in three slightly narrowing steps.
Listed as an exceptional well-designed stone bridge.
Other nearby listed buildings