This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1547 / 53°9'16"N
Longitude: -3.1093 / 3°6'33"W
OS Eastings: 325916
OS Northings: 362523
OS Grid: SJ259625
Mapcode National: GBR 71.57U2
Mapcode Global: WH776.6YMY
Entry Name: Stables and Coach House at Plas Isaf including attached walled garden
Listing Date: 5 August 1997
Last Amended: 5 August 1997
Source ID: 18721
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated to the rear of Plas Isaf on two sides of a yard, reached from a drive running north from the A5118 at Llong, linked to the house via a covered carriageway.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Probably built late C18/early C19. A range at right-angles to the stable block was substantially rebuilt in brick probably late C19 and garage doors inserted late C20.
2-storey main stable range is of coursed rubble with ashlar dressings and a range attached to the north east which is of stone very largely rebuilt in brick. Slate roof with stone copings and kneelers to gables, brick chimney. The buildings form an L shape around a yard to the rear of Plas Isaf to which the stables are attached by a low range with a carriage arch.
The stables face E on to the yard. A door with an overlight is situated off-centre with a circular pitching eye above it and a multi-paned cast-iron window at ground floor level on each side. To the far left is a cart entrance with a boarded door and a small boarded opening above. To the far right there is a multi-paned cast-iron window on each floor. A range attached at right angles to the right side forming the N side of the yard. It has a late C20 garage entrance and in the gabled end elevation a range of pigeon holes.
The rear elevation has a small brick outshut and stone steps up to a door in the upper floor. Attached on the right is a projecting range, perhaps a loose box, and on the left side a projecting gabled carriage house with wide arched entrance. Attached to the left of this is a walled garden built of roughly coursed rubble with brick buttresses.
Interior not accessible at time of 1997 survey.
Listed as a good example of stables of the period and for group value with Plas Isaf.
Other nearby listed buildings