This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4756 / 52°28'32"N
Longitude: -3.9046 / 3°54'16"W
OS Eastings: 270740
OS Northings: 288114
OS Grid: SN707881
Mapcode National: GBR 90.K19K
Mapcode Global: VH4F8.81PJ
Entry Name: Alltgochymynydd
Listing Date: 19 September 1997
Last Amended: 19 September 1997
Source ID: 18883
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated towards E end of Cwm Tynant on N side of the valley, approached by long drive from road E of Bwlchglas Mine.
Locality: Cwm Tynant
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Possibly later C18 farmhouse, marked on 1847 Tithe Map as Alltgoch, owned by Evan Hughes and Jane James, occupied by Harry Harries.
Whitewashed rubble stone with steep-pitched slate roof, and stone end stacks, larger to left. Two-storey irregular long low front. Two-unit plan. Two widely separated first floor casement pairs under eaves. Ground floor casement pair to right aligned with window above, off-centre ledged door, casement pair, set to right of window above, and then very small fire-window. Stone slab lintels. Ruined stone outbuildings each end. Rear centre slated lean-to, no outshut.
One of the best examples of a traditional vernacular farmhouse in the region, still showing the irregular facade division and low upper floor.