This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1821 / 53°10'55"N
Longitude: -4.1377 / 4°8'15"W
OS Eastings: 257242
OS Northings: 367137
OS Grid: SH572671
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.3HCS
Mapcode Global: WH54F.D8WV
Entry Name: Capel y Gladdfa (Cemetery Chapel)
Listing Date: 22 September 1997
Last Amended: 26 March 1998
Source ID: 18928
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: The chapel is located immediately outside the N boundary of the churchyard of the Church of St Cedol, at the N end of the village.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Erected in the mid C19, probably to the design of Henry Kennedy, and after the completion of the adjacent church in 1848, to provide both for funerary use and to serve as a separate chapel for non-conformist worship.
Green igneous rubble stonework, with rock-faced pale gritstone dressings, and a graded slate roof. A single cell building, with a gabled S porch near the W end. Lancet windows, paired at the W and centre of each side, and paired with a trefoiled roundel at the head at the E end with a pair of slit vents to the roof space. Two single lancets. Bracketed eaves and chamfered plinth. Coped gables; that at the E crowned with a metal cross. Diamond leaded glazing with red-flashed margins.
The access from the road is by a 'kissing gate' in a high half-round boulder wall and square gate piers.
Not accessible at the time of inspection.
Included as a good example of this rare building type, and of group value with the Church of St Cedol immediately to the S.
Other nearby listed buildings