The War Memorial
A Grade II Listed Building in Llangeitho, Ceredigion
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2184 / 52°13'6"N
Longitude: -4.0231 / 4°1'23"W
OS Eastings: 261891
OS Northings: 259727
OS Grid: SN618597
Mapcode National: GBR DV.26S2
Mapcode Global: VH4GC.7H0Q
Entry Name: The War Memorial
Listing Date: 15 October 1997
Last Amended: 15 October 1997
Source ID: 19011
Building Class: Commemorative
Location: Situated in centre of the Square in Llangeitho.
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
1923 War Memorial statue by E. Jones of Llanybydder, similar to those at Aberbanc, Cribyn, Drefach, and Llanddewi Brefi.
White marble statue of a standing soldier with hands clasped above reversed rifle. Tall red granite pedestal with chamfered top to plinth and ogee-moulded top to main shaft. Front memorial to 14 men killed 1914-18. Further inscription to left side.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a monument which has historic interest and for its prominent position in the village Square.
Other nearby listed buildings
Situated at SW end of the Square in Llangeitho, adjoining Plas.
Situated at SW end of the square in Llangeitho village, attached to Drovers House.
Situated close to centre of village, facing N over road that runs NE from village square.
Situated some 200m NE of centre of Llangeitho, on E side of road.
Statue of Daniel Rowland at Capel Gwynfil
Situated in iron-railed enclosure in forecourt of Capel Gwynfil, facing out over road to Aberystwyth
Ty Capel at Capel Gwynfil and outbuilding range attached to left
Situated at right angles to Capel Gwynfil, enclosing SE side of forecourt.
Situated some 800m NW of Llangeitho, on W side of lane that runs N from B4342 W of Pont y Capel. On
Barn at Penlan Fach
Situated to W of Penlan Fach, approximately 500m SW off the minor road some 2.5km S of Capel Penuwch