Lime Kiln at Mill Haven
A Grade II Listed Building in The Havens, Pembrokeshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.767 / 51°46'1"N
Longitude: -5.1658 / 5°9'56"W
OS Eastings: 181658
OS Northings: 212328
OS Grid: SM816123
Mapcode National: GBR C9.ZZ71
Mapcode Global: VH1RH.DVXB
Entry Name: Lime Kiln at Mill Haven
Listing Date: 26 November 1997
Last Amended: 26 November 1997
Source ID: 19100
Building Class: Industrial
Location: Situated near the beach and just E of the stream flowing into Mill Haven.
Community: The Havens (Yr Hafanau)
Community: The Havens
Locality: Mill Haven
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Mid C19 lime kiln, not marked on the Talbenny Tithe Map of 1839. At this time Mill Haven was called Warry Haven.
Circular lime kiln some 3m high and 6m in diameter, built of rubble stone mainly the local red sandstone. SE side is built into bank or ramp. Top and crucible in poor condition and partly overgrown. N and S sides have large kiln eyes some 2m high with stone lintels, the S kiln eye is partially collapsed.
Reasons for Listing
Listed as a good surviving lime kiln of the region in a coastal setting.
Other nearby listed buildings
Situated just S of the minor road running E from St Brides Cross and some 900m E of St Brides Haven.
Situated at St Brides Green, some 150m SW of St Brides Cross and forming the NE corner of the walls
Pump House, reservoir and boundary wall
Adjacent to the public toilets at St Brides Haven, near to the entrance drive to Cranford.
Lime Kiln at St Brides Haven
Situated approximately 20m from the sea at St Brides Haven, some 90m NW of the Church of Saint Bridg
Gateway and walls to "The Abbey"
Situated at St Brides Green, some 200m SW of St Brides Cross and some 200m SE of the coast at St Bri
Former rectory of the Church of Saint Bridget and situated approximately 30m SE of the church at St
Church of Saint Bridget
Situated some 100m SE of the coast at St Brides Haven, approximately 750m E of St Brides Castle.
Benjamin Ferrior Tomb, Church of Saint Bridget
Situated in the churchyard of the Church of Saint Bridget, S of the church and immediately W of the