This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7746 / 51°46'28"N
Longitude: -5.099 / 5°5'56"W
OS Eastings: 186300
OS Northings: 212982
OS Grid: SM863129
Mapcode National: GBR CD.ZHWG
Mapcode Global: VH1RJ.KNQF
Entry Name: Walton West Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 November 1997
Last Amended: 26 November 1997
Source ID: 19102
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated some 60m NE of the cross roads in Walton West, on the NW side of the road running to Broadway.
Community: The Havens (Yr Hafanau)
Community: The Havens
Locality: Walton West
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Farmhouse, probably early C19, marked on the Walton West Tithe Map of 1841 as a holding of 61 acres (24.7 hectares), owned and occupied by William Rees, who owned a total of 102 acres (43 hectares) in the parish at that time.
Farmhouse, colourwashed rubble stone with grouted slate roof and stone end stacks. Stacks have stone weathercoursing and cornices, and larger, kitchen, stack is to right. Two-storey, three-window front, offset to left. Horned sashes with marginal glazing bars, the upper sashes under eaves and with floor-level painted stone sills. Ground floor centre 4-panel door and larger sash each side, all with tooled stone voussoirs and keystones. Painted stone sills. Added service wing to right with grouted slate roof, single-storey, with C20 door and matching sash, both with matching voussoirs and keystones.
A smaller traditional farmhouse with the offset facade and low upper storey typical of the late C18 and early C19.
Other nearby listed buildings