This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9429 / 51°56'34"N
Longitude: -3.0376 / 3°2'15"W
OS Eastings: 328770
OS Northings: 227666
OS Grid: SO287276
Mapcode National: GBR F4.MR5F
Mapcode Global: VH78M.9FHD
Entry Name: Telephone Call-box
Listing Date: 29 January 1998
Last Amended: 29 January 1998
Source ID: 19268
Building Class: Communications
Location: In the centre of Llanthony village at the junction of the valley road and the road to the Priory ruins.
Community: Crucorney (Crucornau Fawr)
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
K6 type telephone box to the standard design of Giles Gilbert Scott, design introduced by the GPO in 1936. This example manufactured by the Lion Foundry, Kirkintilloch and erected in the reign of George VI, probably immediately post WWII.
Square kiosk of cast iron construction with a timber door. Domed roof with four lunettes containing embossed George VI crowns over red lettered opals and ventilation slits. Raised surrounds with marginal bars to horizontal glazing with many panes. Blank rear with founder''s name, moulded plinth.
A K6 call box in a heritage location having group value with nearby listed buildings.
Other nearby listed buildings